Trojan horse help

Sheila-Jo 23:58 30 Jul 07

Hi,

I would be grateful if anyone could help me please.

I recently discovered a trojan horse on my computer when running AVG. It's called 'Trojan horse BackDoor.Agent.IQL' and was located in 'C:\Program Files\WinRAR\Rar.exe'.

It's in the virus vault now - how do I know if my computer is safe, or if the trojan horse has done anything? Should I reformat my hard drive to be on the safe side?

Also, I've been receiving a large number of 'Reset your Windows Live password' emails recently - may these have anything to do with the trojan?

Thanks in advance,

Sheila-jo

RobCharles1981 00:05 31 Jul 07

Hi Sheila-Jo

I will gladly help you on this download A-Squared click here Make sure you update it once you do that restart your computer and go into Safe Mode when you reboot your computer keep pressing the F8 Key and load A-Squared and do a Deep Scan it leave it find the Trojan.

Hope This Helps
Rob

I am Spartacus 00:10 31 Jul 07

There doesn't seem to be much on this but here is a link to the AVG forum which suggests an update to AVG might fix it.

click here

woodchip 00:15 31 Jul 07

You could Try this click here

Download button at the bottom

johnnyrocker 00:23 31 Jul 07

i suspect you have outdated avg, if in quarantine your machine should be ok but a reformat would seem a bit drastic, just keep av updated and set to regularly scan.

johnny.

birdface 00:36 31 Jul 07

If its in the Virus Vault,Restart computer,Run Avg Again .And if it does not find it ,It is all clear,

Sheila-Jo 00:45 31 Jul 07

Thanks, I'll take a look at the downloads.

I came across this page when searching google:

click here

Any opinions?

I am Spartacus 00:48 31 Jul 07

I'd probably trust the AVG forum more which suggests a false positive.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…