Trojan Horse Generic UFN

anskyber 20:55 21 May 06

Here again I'm afraid. First of all thanks to those that have helped so far. at a distance I'm trying to help my brother in law who has a trojan horse generic UFN. It has been identified by AVG free but the virus vault system with AVG has not isolated it and the application of Spybot, adAware, A squared, and e-wido has not even detected it.

VoG II 20:57 21 May 06

It may be a false positive. However:

Run HJT click here and post the log on the MWR forum click here with an explanation of the problem.

anskyber 20:58 21 May 06

Will do.

beynac 21:01 21 May 06

It sounds like it could be a false-positive if all of those anti-malware systems are not finding it and AVG is not dealing with it.

To be sure, I suggest you get him to download HijackThis from click here and post a log here, click here

anskyber 21:25 21 May 06

Thanks both. It seems like a false positive to me as well but he is quite concerned about it particularly in view of the on line banking he does. Lets see.

anskyber 09:11 22 May 06

Late last night I heard that the problem was that AVG cannot deal with zip files. (according to my brother in law) so once the file was opened (!!!) and deleted all was well again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How VR is being used to simulate space

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now