Trojan Horse Generic MQR

Sinmar 17:36 02 Feb 07

I recently renewed my AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition and ran a scan, the scan discovered a "Trojan Horse Generic MQR" at the following path C:\recover\ISP\AOL90\proginst.exe. Since then i have noticed my desktop pc becoming increasingly annoying to use. When i click on a Window just to move it moves very slowly and jumps for want of a better word around the screen duplicating itself. I'm not sure if both are connected but it's very irratating. Can anyone help me? I've never encountered a "virus" before so i'm a novice at what to do to sort it out. Thanks in advance.

birdface 17:39 02 Feb 07

If AVG Anti-Virus did not remove it,Download AVG Ant-Spyware That shoul remove it,

Sinmar 17:43 02 Feb 07

I'm running AVG again as the Trogan is stored in the Virus Vault of AVG. I'll try downloading Ant-Spyware now also.

Sinmar 18:50 02 Feb 07

I've run both AVG Anit-Virus & Anti-Spyware and both found the Trojan so i deleted it from both and rebooted the computer. I've just started to scan again to see if it shows up again. But it hasn't solved the problem i'm having while scrolling and moving a window. It's really slow and "jumping" when i click on a window to move it and it seems to duplicate all over the screen. Is there something else wrong? I also can't log in to Hotmail or access the Microsoft Website from the Desktop or the Laptop which i use wirelessly?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac