Trojan Horse found

goll_y 21:04 21 May 04

Hiya, wondered if you could help. I started my computer and it flashed up with the words -

'Trojan horse downloader small AI found in file C:/system volume information\-restore'

Any idea what this is? I tried AVG but it found no viruses.

stalion 21:07 21 May 04

trojan's are not viruses you need a different program.Regards

stalion 21:10 21 May 04

this is download for adaware6 click here

VoG II 21:11 21 May 04

It is in a restore point. You will need tp disable System Restore to remove it. click here

Belatucadrus 21:12 21 May 04
  Old Shep 21:13 21 May 04

If it,s in System Restore you will have to turn it off before you get rid of it otherwise it will come back. (You will loose all your restore points)

lucky1 21:20 21 May 04

Correct me if I'm wrong (I usually am)but was there not a post recently (think it was from VoG) which advised that there is a way of NOT losing all your restore points when turning off System Restore?

Old Shep 21:27 21 May 04

Wish we could find that one. I thought a restore point was a saved image of your configuration which if infected re-infected that is why you have to get rid of them. I too may be proved wrong.

lucky1 21:55 21 May 04

Wish I could find it too! Think it was something along the lines of you don't have to lose the earliest restore points on your system. You're right in what you say though. Must have been dreaming!

sattman 22:01 21 May 04

If you have a problem on your system that problem be it virus, trojan bug or whatever will be stored on every restore point made since the problem developed.
The restore facilty has to be turned off in order to clear all points which prevents any subsequent re infestation or to prevent the computer being restored back to a problem point.

lucky1 22:11 21 May 04

Thanks for that info. Certainly clears up my 'dream'! Apologies for any confusion.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos