//some 3rd party need geo

Trojan horse - Downloader.1stbar

ianeon 19:13 15 Apr 04

AVG says I have this infection and cannot remove it! I have tried to remove it and have failed miserably. I have switched off "system restore",Failed to find it in my registry, run other tests i.e.Trend, Panda etc. Looked in Google for help, Tried the PCA forum, re-installed AVG, I can't find it on my computer - yet AVG says I have this infection - can anyone help please - thank you - Ian

VoG II 19:15 15 Apr 04

Have you tried click here or click here

VoG II 19:16 15 Apr 04

Also click here

anon1 19:37 15 Apr 04

I am not so sure about all these avg virus warnings. It seems that a lot of warnings may be false alarms. After 1 update the very next scan reported 4 similar trojan downloader warnings on my pc. It turned out that they were all false alarms ( I ran them on my sacrificial pc). I would reccomend anyone seeing one of these reports not to panic but visit click here and do a free online scan.

ianeon 20:21 15 Apr 04

Thank you for your help - I did all that you all suggested - to no avail - It still comes up on AVG yet no other programme etc. shows it

johnnyrocker 20:27 15 Apr 04

1 is it in virus vault? 2 uninstall and reinstall

johnny.

ianeon 21:01 15 Apr 04

AVG says it is in the following location - C:\Documents and Settings\local settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\CDN01NOY\crack[1].zip:run.exe - yet I can't find this location on my computer!!!!

VoG II 21:03 15 Apr 04

Run click here - it will clean out your temporary internet files.

I must say, I think I agree with Anon1 - i.e. false alarm.

sattman 21:07 15 Apr 04

Try deleting all the files in temp internet

ianeon 21:23 15 Apr 04

Very big thank you VOG - running that cleaner programme solved the problem - my thanks to everyone else for their input - Ian

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…