Trojan Horse Downloader - Perfiler.A

Pan Man 15:42 18 Apr 04

I seem to have picked up the above Trojan whilst visiting a website. I use AVG Free Edition for my Virus checker which spotted in to start with and told me to run the program to clear it. Did this and it didn't find it. Ran Trend Micro online Scan and it found it in a file in C/Docs & Settings/Phil/Local Settings/Temp/V7M03Ia03252. I cannot find V7M03Ia03252in explorer. Have also run online check with Panda Virus - not found, run spybot & Adaware - not found. Only Trend micro seems to find it but tells me to run AVG for Windows to clear it. I am going round in circles and have even done a system restore from previous 24 hrs to no effect. I am running Windows XP Pro on an Athlon 3000 system with 512 mb Ram. Any ideas how to get rid of it please.

johnnyrocker 15:51 18 Apr 04

disable system restore and then run a sweep it is probably in there.

johnny

VoG II 15:53 18 Apr 04

I'm a bit confused as to what finds it and what doesn't. Anyway, you could try a trojan remover click here and/or click here

johnnyrocker 15:56 18 Apr 04

try click here

johnny.

Pan Man 16:40 18 Apr 04

Have turned off system restore and scanned again. Still there. Tried a trojan remover. Didn't find it.
PanMan

Pan Man 16:58 18 Apr 04

Just to clarify for Vog. Trend Micro Housecall doesn't show a virus in its found list but brings up a splash screen on finding the trojan saying it is inC\Documents & Settings\....\local settings\temp\V7M........ and says to run AVG for windows to clear it. The last value V7... changes to a different number each scan

Pan Man 21:10 18 Apr 04

Don't really know what happened but it now seems to have dissappeared.Tried everything suggested and it was still there.Then tried again in safe mode. Last 3 scans with Trend Microhave come up clear

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…