//some 3rd party need geo

Trojan Horse Downloader . Help Required !!!!

mifty12 06:35 22 Jan 04

Hi Guys

I appear to have picked up a small virus, the alert screen reads-

Virus
Trojan Horse Downloader.Ladder.A
is found in file

C:\SystemVolumeInformation\_restore(C43E1E20-3957-455E-AD72-47F3CFEAACCF)\RP65\A0027112.dll

I have hit it with everything I have Norton 2003,Trojan Remover, Spyblaster, AVG,Adaware,Spybot, but I still keep getting a virus alert warning telling me to run AVG for windows,Ihave updated all my software and keep running it but it still keeps appearing,any help you can give me is appreciated.

Cheers

Just.

Jester2K 07:20 22 Jan 04

Jester's right I had one a few month ago.Empty your system restore as described above and then run your anti virus,cleared mine no probs.

Hrosir 08:14 22 Jan 04

I have managed to infect my pc with the LALAUS A virus.I have tried emptying the restore system utility but with no effect. I am using AVG 7 and it picks up the virus but will not let me delete, heal or move to the virus vault. I have updated my virus database regularly so it is not this and each time I try to run the internet I get directed to a site called Blade Runner.HELP!

Jester2K 08:23 22 Jan 04

Hi.

Start a new thread if you have a problem.

Boot into Safe Mode and rescan with AVG.

Hrosir 09:58 22 Jan 04

Having tried all forms of trojan removal, I have found a utility that appears to have cured the problem,at least it has for the moment. The utility can be found at click here is a free trial download so I tried this and the trojan was spotted almost immediately, I was then given the oportunity to remove it which I did and then rebooted the pc and scanned it with AVG just to make sure it hadn't reloaded. No trace! fingers crossed

mifty12 09:27 24 Jan 04

Thanks Guys

I have just done as you said, disabled system restore and then run avg and fingers crossed there has been no more virus alerts, so thanks a lot.

Just.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…