Trojan horse dialer

Nightmanager 00:53 27 Jan 05

I had a Trojan horse dialer virus and tried AVG 6.0 to remove it but this did not work
I removed AVG and loaded eScan from this months cover disk of PC Advisor, but
Although it removed some viruses it did not seem to find the Trojan horse dialer.
I went onto the Internet and got "Windows detected spy software"sspMydoom.cih"ver.2.018. Someone is trying to access you through port 245. Your personal settings are in danger".
I still can't get on the Internet properly although can manage this by going via "dial up networking". I thus came off, removed the new software and reloaded the old AVG to see if it still detected Dailer virus. First I tried to upgrade the AVG by downloading an update. This ran 23 minutes and right at the end told me my download file was damaged so I couldn't get an updated version. I ran AVG AGAIN ANYWAY and it still came up with Dialer. It still tells me to send it to the vault. When I try this, the message "FileC:\Restore\Temp\A 0046254 CPX cannot be removed". I am running Windows ME

ACOLYTE 01:35 27 Jan 05

Turn system restore off then scan should move it then turn system restore back on.

Nightmanager 03:24 27 Jan 05

Thankyou I will give it a go tomorrow and see what happens

georgemac © 07:41 27 Jan 05

to install and run adaware and spybot search and destroy, and then install spywareblaster as well. Just type these into google and you will find the download sites.

Andsome 08:32 27 Jan 05

georgemac

Sound advice. Also instal 'A squared'.

handful 08:38 27 Jan 05

Download the free version of a squared click here
then get the updates before running. You should also try to get AVG 7 as AVG 6 is no longer supported. Difficult I know if you are having problems connecting. Hoprfully this should get rid of the dialer.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…