Trojan Horse Backdoor.Hacdef.C

pinka 10:05 27 Feb 04

I only receive a warning about this when i first start my pc, as soon as windows xp is up i get the AVG popup window telling me to run and remove, so i do and it finds nothing. I also use the cleaner and that doesnt pull it up either, now im starting to think that its just a false alarm since i cannot find any evidence of it being there (ie not showing in task manager) and also the file where it says it is C:\Windows|hxdefdrv.sys cannot be found. any ideas ?

anon1 10:15 27 Feb 04

try click here
may be useful to you

johnnyrocker 10:15 27 Feb 04

try a run with system restore disabled plus an on line scan click here as your avg may be compromised.

johnny.

pinka 10:42 27 Feb 04

i turned off system restore scanned with AVG and then whent to trendmicro and did a scan but both found nothing. any more ideas ?

GuyR 10:49 27 Feb 04

this is an online scan for virus may help you
click here

anon1 12:07 27 Feb 04

I had problems with the virus vault within avg. If the 'file' is in there right click it and choose properties then untick the read only attribute and then delete the file (delete and hold shift to permanently remove it rather than going to recycle bin).

pinka 15:11 27 Feb 04

i cant see any evidence of it running, no processes or any abnormal behaviour. when i goto the folder where AVG says it is, i cannot find the file, nor does AVG popup and warn you as it normally would when you access the infected folder.

pinka 23:18 27 Feb 04

bump

pinka 17:35 28 Feb 04

bump

pinka 12:57 29 Feb 04

then i can format and stop bumping. :-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…