Trojan horse agent.AUNY and AVG 8

compumac 15:46 16 Jan 09

Anyone out there using Teamviewer and AVG 8 come across the problem of AVG seeing the teamviewer exe field as "Trojan horse agent.UNY" ?

MAT ALAN 15:58 16 Jan 09

click here

probably a false positive...

provider 2 16:02 16 Jan 09

... or maybe not if this is the name:

click here

Malwarebytes AntiMalware may be your best bet. Worth a try anyway.

TeamViewer 18:48 16 Jan 09

Hello,

My name is Christian Holzner from the company TeamViewer in Germany.

Today AVG has entered a false/positive state on the TeamViewer files.

Immediately we have contacted AVG to get removed the false positive-flag on the TeamViewer-files.

AVG has updated now their database and TeamViewer will no longer be singed as Trojan Agent.Auny.

You can trust us that all files which can be downloaded on our website are checked for any virus and trojans.

To fix the problem with the trojan-message on TeamViewer files please update the virus-database on your AVG.

For any ruther questions do not hesitate to contact us on [email protected]

Best regards,

Christian Holzner

TeamViewer support-team

compumac 21:03 16 Jan 09

Christian
Thank you for your prompt answer to this. It is actually as I thought - a false positive but it it is pleasing to have it confirmed.
My main concern was that I had recommended Teamviewer to several of my colleagues and I was today about to install it onto one of my neighbours PC, but I would never install a programme on A N Other's PC if there was anything suspect.

Thanks again

MAT ALAN 21:07 16 Jan 09

WOW, now there's a bit of after sales service for you...

User-1229748 21:10 16 Jan 09

yep,fair play,they must have had a busy day.

compumac 21:14 16 Jan 09

Yes. Teamviewer must be congratulated. I have updated my AVG and it does not now see a problem. Witness the power of the internet and also this forum.

provider 2 22:45 16 Jan 09

Impressively fast response, right enough.

Looks as if AVG has had a call from Teamviewer:

click here

Can`t say I`d heard of it before:

click here

shahjees 00:39 17 Jan 09

good job there mate, for a while i really thought my teamviewer files were infected, followed your instructions and downloaded new update from avg and works fine now, thank you and have a nice day.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Apple MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…