trojan horse

malgall 18:48 30 May 03

since i changed to broadband i also brought norton internet security 2003 .before this i did not use a anti virus or firewall.
i have been getting most days the firewall blocking attempts using a backdoor subseven trojan horse can anyone say is this normal
and is this people trying to take control
of my computer

The Spires 18:58 30 May 03

It is normal to get those warnings with Norton Firewall, I feel you can safely ignore & or disable the dire warnings.

Willow12 00:39 31 May 03

.........just got to keep this to show my wife. She is paranoid about all those subseven alerts!

jazzypop 00:46 31 May 03

The fact that your firewall knows about these events is pretty much proof that it is effectively blocking them. It's the ones that it hasn't notified you about (because it didn't detect them) that should keep you awake at night...

It is far more likely that these 'backdoor subseven' probes are in fact normal background internet 'noise', which happens to be taking place on the same ports that subseven uses. Relax, turn the notifications off (they serve no useful purpose) and enjoy your Web usage.

Andsome 08:26 31 May 03

I also use Norton 2003. I can go for several weeks with no warnings, and then get several in one day. I usually trace them out of curiousity, and most seem to come from the USA, particularly Washington and California. Occasionally a site in Italy tries it on, and even Canada and Australia.

Just relax, the firewall is doing what it is supposed to do.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…