Trojan Horse?

tobyjug472002 11:43 03 Jan 08

Any one help please? Just run avg antivirus and it picked up a Trojan Horse virus in the Win32 Directory.
I am running XP Home, service pack 2, all updates are up to date, my problem is that my OS was pr-installed when i bought the machine, so although i can restore it to factory settings, i cannot format the drive to get shut of the Virus,
Any suggestions most welcome?

thanks

pchelper001 11:53 03 Jan 08

try using avira anti-virus which should get shot of it. click here

RobCharles1981 12:16 03 Jan 08

My Money is on either A-Squared or Super Antispyware click here

Update them and run full scans and see what they find.

brundle 12:16 03 Jan 08

Run AVG scan in Safe Mode (hit F8 before you see the XP logo at startup).

mfletch 13:33 03 Jan 08

Also has AVG put the Virus into the Virus vault?

Or did it just detect it and will not remove it,

mfletch

Technotiger 16:52 03 Jan 08

It should not be necessary to re-format a PC just to get rid of a Trojan ... run this scan (free) ... click here

G-X 19:29 07 Jan 08

If you cant delete (using AVG or otherwise) the trojan in safe mode you could attemt to transfer it into the virus vault with AVG. After doing this you could attempt to empty the vault or you could just leave it as your system should be protected while it is in the vault.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…