Trojan Horse

Janet-201707 20:59 24 Jun 06

Bikerlady again

By the way, watch it with Norton anti-virus for despite having bought the software six months ago for a 2 year contract for protection, somehow a Trojan circumvented Norton and has created havoc, so much so that the PC has had to be professionally cleaned,and re-formatted to get rid of the Trojan. This is the second time in the last 6 months that this has happened, so Norton is now out the door and we have gone to Bullguard. So, BE WARNED!!!!

bikerlady

spuds 21:06 24 Jun 06

Why buy a product, when some of the well recommended freeware will do the same job!.

VoG II 21:55 24 Jun 06

Anti-virus products are not that good at detecting trojans. Scan with a² click here

rdave13 22:39 24 Jun 06

Agree with spuds and VoG click here See Fruit Bat /\0/\ 's list. Excellent.

Totally-braindead 22:40 24 Jun 06

bikerlady I think you don't realise that no anti virus software is 100%, it can't be as new viruses are created all the time and the software can't detect some of them until the virus definition has been created and updated plus it also depends where the virus came from. It might not have come from the internet, you could have installed something with the trojan on it. You've switched and thats fair enough but a virus can still get passed Bullguard I'm afraid.

I am not a fan of Norton anyway and am not sticking up for them I'm just pointing out that no matter what anti virus software you have its still possible for a virus to get through.

Janet-201707 09:09 25 Jun 06

Thanks for all replies

bikerlady

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…