trojan horse 16jp-help! its taking over!

blackfluff84 23:14 18 Dec 09

hello, im kind of on my knees here, BEGGING for any help to rid me of this sodding trojan horse, ive never had one before and ive been trying to follow advice, but its very lengthy and complicated and hard to follow, i tried to restart in safe mode with an 'f8' and my arrow keys wouldnt let me select the safe option, i keep getting my avg popping up telling me that i have this trojan horse and i don't know how to fix it!!! heeelllppp!!!! i went into troubleshooting on my xp before and selected some disable sytem restore but its not helped..and the info i got said you do that then the f8 but i couldnt get into safety mode, did add/remove programmes and no obvious spyware...gutted xxx what do i do?

Sea Urchin 00:22 19 Dec 09

You could try downloading and running this Trojan Remover - it's a trial version but runs in its full form for 30 days before you have to pay for it.

click here

The Kestrel 11:46 19 Dec 09

Go to this forum click here , register and then put a thread on the appropriate board. One of their trained experts will take up your thread and help you remove the trojan.

p;3 12:00 19 Dec 09

'ive never had one before and ive been trying to follow advice, but its very lengthy and complicated and hard to follow, i tried to restart in safe mode with an 'f8' and my arrow keys wouldnt let me select the safe option, i keep getting my avg popping up telling me that i have this trojan horse and i don't know how to fix it!!! heeelllppp!!!! '

From where please have you been getting this advise? If you have a Trained helper helping you then you need to tell them you are having problems understanding what they are asking you to do ; if you are following instrutions given to someone else; DON'T....you need instructions tailored to your machine

Please let us know :))

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:22 19 Dec 09

Avast or AVg will both detect and remove, however the virus can also hide in the system restore files so restore needs to be switched off to delete the restore points.

Run your virus checker to make sure its gone then switch system restore back on and create a new restore point.

p;3 14:50 19 Dec 09

duplicate thread click here

Sea Urchin 15:13 19 Dec 09

Yes, duplicate thread - and what's more annoying is that the OP hasn't bothered to come back to either of them.

blackfluff84 15:42 19 Dec 09

i appreciate the help off you nice ones...sea urchin-silly me for trying to get help from an advisory website...it's christmas love, cheer up!
ive tried the systems restore malarky and spyware and its just not getting rid of it x

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:50 19 Dec 09

What Antivirus and Antimalware programs are you running?

blackfluff84 16:49 19 Dec 09

SUPERAntispyware and my AVG ...could a friend maybe help me with remote assistance? the friend who wants to help reccomended system mechanic from iola ?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:19 19 Dec 09

System mechanic is nothing to do with spyware or viruses (never thought it was much use for anything else either)

when AVG scans it should find the virus when it does select Delete
and as I said earlier switch off system restore to stop it hiding in the restore files which antivirus programs can not touch.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5