Trojan - help please

caveman38 12:52 07 Sep 08

I had a problem on my sons laptop with spyware / malware after he DL a film. I used the software Malwarebytes , Rogueremover and CCleaner and did a purge of my own of entries in the registry.
All seemed well for 24 hours but on reconnecting to the internet he is prompted with a pop-up saying he has "Trojan-Spy. Win32. GreenScreen"
Is this malicious as it says or is it a scam to subscribe to a software removal site where you have to pay.
Can you please advise also how to remove this trojan please.

birdface 13:15 07 Sep 08

Maybe try this.click here I have not used this before so do not know if it works or not.But probably worth a try.

Press Man 13:43 07 Sep 08

Download and try this its free. click here

caveman38 17:25 07 Sep 08

I have now run Malware, Superantispyware and Avast AV, created a new restore point and deleted previous ones. Also I have run CCleaner and regedited entries of the Spyware.
However I am getting popups of the following:
Trojan-Spy.Win32.GreenScreen
Trojan-Clicker.................
Trojan-Spy.Win32.Keylogger.aa
HTML.Bankfraud.dq
Trojan-Downloader.win32.Agent.bq

What more can I do please.

ICF 17:27 07 Sep 08

Have you tried running these programs in safe mode?

caveman38 17:38 07 Sep 08

Unfortunately the laptop is a company one which he does not have the administrative rights or the password in safe mode.

ICF 17:40 07 Sep 08

Turn off system restore then do the scan

ICF 17:44 07 Sep 08
  mfletch 17:55 07 Sep 08

Hi the only program I can think of that may help you without using specialized programs is Drwebcureit click here

Sea Urchin 18:01 07 Sep 08

Did you try the GreenScreen removal tool in buteman's link above? It looks a good bet.

caveman38 18:07 07 Sep 08

He did try that kit but it did not show up. I think the only thing I can try is to get around the admin. rights and run in safe mode. Anyone know how or should I google?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…