Trojan Help

I,Me and Myself 17:35 26 Sep 07

My Dad has a Dell PC which has free McAffee security which was on it when he bought the PC. He has rang to tell me he has a Trojan SMP/LX so not really knowing how to help, I advised him to run a scan with McAffee.

Should he have any other security stuff on his PC for protection or is the free McAffee stuff enough?

Secondly, how does he get rid of the Trojan?

mfletch 17:45 26 Sep 07

Hi, Tel him to download SAS Superantispyware {FREE} and do a full system scan,

First Delete All Temp Internet Files and All Cookies,

Then.

Download this Free Antispyware {Superantispyware} Before using the Antispyware for the first time check for any updates.

click here

Hope this helps,

mfletch

I,Me and Myself 18:23 26 Sep 07

He says he cannot onto the internet - he keeps getting a security alert box on

mfletch 18:33 26 Sep 07

Hi If you do not live faraway you can download it to a memory stick or disc and then transfer it to your dads computer,

mfletch

SANTOS7 18:42 26 Sep 07

click here

if you can get internet access, download prog from link and follow instructions....

I,Me and Myself 18:45 26 Sep 07

Is that for use with Vista??

SANTOS7 18:49 26 Sep 07

Not sure, try it, it may work, if it does not it is not going to harm your PC in any way...

I,Me and Myself 22:21 26 Sep 07

I downloaded Superantispyware here and took it over and left it running. It found over 90 problems and after a restart there were no signs of any boxrs on the screen regarding any problems but when trying to launch IE all he is getting is About Blank. Anyone know why?

mfletch 12:12 27 Sep 07

Hi When he opens IE and it says about blank can he still go to other sites?

If yes tell him to set his home page,

IE7/ Tools>Internet options>General>use current

Apply

mfletch

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…