Trojan found. A bit lost now...

nick_j007 12:13 22 Aug 04

AVG has given me these details on my PC running XP Home:

Infected, Embedded Object.

Trojan Horse. Downloader.Small.7.AZ

Found in my Temp.Internet Files.

When running the stand alone checker at Symantec it comes back as Bloodhound.Exploit.6 which I understand is a generic pointer as to a possible vulnerability.

I'm all up to date on my patches etc. Can I relax about this or what please?

johnnyrocker 12:18 22 Aug 04

it needs removing and is probably in your system restore files, disable system restore and run avg again, if it does not remove it get spybot and adaware from this sites downloads.

rawprawn 12:19 22 Aug 04

click here For bloodhound and see if you have this patch installed. click here download and run this free program.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:24 22 Aug 04

Not a problem this one is easy!

Just delete your temporary internet files.

Log off the net - right click internet explorer - select propertiies - click delete cookies and click delete files, tick the box delete all offline content.

nick_j007 16:37 22 Aug 04

He he.
Thanks all, just got back in from having tea and walking around some splendid gardens. Erm, right where were we?

Well, yes I did delete my temp.internet files (should have said) but will do cookies too and re-scan.

This might well do it easily as you say.

I'll keep you posted.

nick_j007 17:42 22 Aug 04

Did a rescan after the above actions and we're home and dry. No need to turn system restore off in the end.

Thank you all as always.

Kind Regards,

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Studio vs iMac 5K comparison review: Apple and Microsoft all-in-one PCs battle it out

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Social media image sizes, specs and aspect ratios: the ultimate guide

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…