trojan-dropper.nettool removal

rickus 19:38 07 Oct 08

I have recently started running Spyware Doctor, the free version that reports problems but does not give you the facility to get rid of them.

It reports that I have trojan-dropper.nettool

I have failed to google a manual removal method. Has anyone got any suggestions please?

Thank you

mfletch 19:43 07 Oct 08

Hi

See if any of these free programs detect the Trojan and if they do they will remove it for free,

I hate programs that detect problems but will not remove them {they just want your money}

Only run one at a time

Always check for any updates before running

SAS/ Superantispyware click here

MBAM/ Malwarebytes/ Antimalware click here

DRWebCurit/ click here

Condom 20:30 07 Oct 08

rickus
I also use the free version of PC Tools Spyware Doctor and have no problem at all with it removing anything it finds. In fact they are now offering the new ver6 and it works just fine.

rickus 21:46 07 Oct 08

Thank you for the replies

I have a few different anti-spyware programs, but the others don't seem to pick this one up. That includes Malwarebytes from mfletch's list, so might try some others.

I am on version 6 of Spyware Doctor but when I ask it to remove something it asks me to register - for this you need a licence key which I thought meant you have to bought the software. From the website:
" Trial Limitations: The trial offers time unlimited real-time protection (free spyware blocking), but does not remove threats detected during on-demand scans, updates may also differ to those supplied to registered users."

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…