Trojan-downloader.banload.bxm

Beanie2 13:35 23 Jul 08

In an effort to save anyone with the same problems I have had for a long time.
If you have a detection of the above problem & an apparent removal (only to reappear on next PC start, & you have PC Checkup installed, then the answer is easy. Simply uninstall PC Checkup. Not many programs will detect this trojan, & it's apparent only function is to download other trojans. It is these other trojans that cause a real & unknown threat to your security.

The initial trojan is written as a registry key HKEY_CURRENT.USER\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\CURRENT VERSION\INTERNET SETTINGS\USER AGENT\POST PLATFORM-EMBEDDED WEB BROWSER FROM:HTTP:/BSALSA.COM/

birdface 14:22 23 Jul 08

Hi.You never said it was free.Is it one of those that does a free scan and then want paid for removing what it finds.

Beanie2 12:24 24 Jul 08

Hi buteman. Yeh I forgot to mention, it is free. Should state a few other things I forgot as well. It is NOT PC Checkup that finds the trojan, it merely is the trojan source. I have other sister products of PC Checkup on the same PC's, one of which is Spyware Doctor (which has annual fee). It is Spyware Doctor that finds the trojan that it's stablemate puts on PC.
Strangely they did not ask for a fee when asked to help, but rather acted dumb by asking repeately for logfiles then not replying back.
Hope this is a bit clearer.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…