Trojan Detection and Scanners.

MMN DESIGN 23:42 17 Aug 05

What is the best Trojan scanner on the market??and Which product has the largest database. I have downloaded trojan hunter and tds-3. I am currently running trojan hunter.

Please Advise

THANK-YOU

johnnyrocker 00:42 18 Aug 05

not really rocket science i and most others (with slight variations) get by on adaware.spybot and spyware blaster with little probs.

johnny.

Completealias 03:35 18 Aug 05

A2 is a trojan scanner click here it is free

Megatyte 03:54 18 Aug 05

Adaware, Spybot etc are anti spyware applications. A trojan is a virus. In my opinion you can't go far wrong with McAfee. If you want free then AVG is a popular choice(especially in this forum)

AVG is available here - click here

keith-236785 07:05 18 Aug 05

atshield from click here has a 30 day trial (only locked out feature is the delete, it wont delete on the trial).

the cleaner from click here, again is a 30 day trial, i havent tried to delete via this so im not sure of the demo limitations.

my preference is atshield (ATS)

also you could run a housecall check from trend micro click here

bertiecharlie 14:48 18 Aug 05

Ewido probably has the largest database with daily updates click here Reverts to a free version, without any real time monitoring, after the inital trial period. Doesn't work with 98 or ME.

The free versions of Ewido and A2 would give you a lot of coverage.

Always watch out for false positives from this type of programme.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…