Trojan detected : JS/Exploit-BO.gen

VNAM75 22:26 15 May 07

My Mcafee AV just detected this trojan. Has anyone had this before and what are the risks? Some information I found on the Mcaffee website below. I'm concerned where it mentions "bank password stealer" at the bottom

Virus Characteristics
-- Update April 25, 2007 --

A malicious website linked from a Google sponsored link, was found to be hosting multiple web exploits. The website hosted at click here{hidden}.org contained a frame that is linking to click here{blocked}ff.net, where the actual exploits and malware are hosted.

The main webpage that is hosting the cocktail of exploits, when browsed using Internet Explorer, was proactively detected and blocked as JS/Exploit-BO.gen by VirusScan when script scanning is enabled....

At the time of writing, the malware installed was found to be downloading a bank password stealer and can be detected as PWS-Banker.gen.bt in the 5018 DATs.

VoG II 22:41 15 May 07

What is your question?

phono 22:47 15 May 07

If McAfee picked it up then I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Do a full virus and spyware/malware scan.

VNAM75 22:57 15 May 07

phono, thanks.

VoG™ My question was "Has anyone had this (trojan) before and what are the risks?"

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…