Trojan cmvpzb.exe

vinnyo123 05:44 25 Sep 05

C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmvpzb.exe

sitting there and AVG comes up with trojan horse generic.bib

anyone here of it?

It also has a prefetch file with it located in- prefetch folder.

CMVPZB.EXE-0190D43A.pf

Also if I right click on

cmvpzb.exe>properties>advanced>"window popup"

"custom MS-DOS intialization files window"

auotexec filename

%SystemRoot%\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT

config filename

%SystemRoot%\SYSTEM32\CONFIG.NT

seems to be pointing and using these WIN sys files.

Questions are
safe to delete without corrupting WIN files?

Ran online scans and they didn't detect it and avg cannot heal. only on restart "waiting to try
restart"

any input?

VoG II 09:24 25 Sep 05

Try this click here - update before scanning.

MAJ 09:47 25 Sep 05

It looks like the usual random naming of their file (cmvpzb.exe) that some of these trojans do, vinnyo123. I have removed hundreds of them in the past few years (from other peoples computers) without any problems. If VoG™'s link doesn't help, try manually removing (back it up somewhere first though) the cmvpzb.exe file and empty the Prefetch folder. If all is well after removing the file and after doing a scan with your anti-virus software, then turn off System Restore in order to delete all [probably infected] Restore Points. Then, if another anti-virus scan is clean, re-activate System Restore to create a new, clean Restore Point.

vinnyo123 15:29 25 Sep 05

OK sounds logical, going to give it a try. I would try this later in the week. Going to let it sit there for awhile as I don't have time.

thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…