Trojan Byte.Verify (cant remove)

chrisinireland 22:59 15 Feb 04

i keep gettin a virus called Trojan Byte.Verify, i have systemworks, antivirus , and internet security all 2003. all out of no where i get a virus warning up on the screen and it said it was removed but really it hasnt.
n e one got n e idea on how to remove it as having a virus on ur pc isnt the best feelin.

cycoze 23:01 15 Feb 04

Have you disabled system restore when cleaning ?

cycoze 23:01 15 Feb 04

what OS are you using ?

chrisinireland 23:01 15 Feb 04

i have windows 2000 and it doesnt have system restore

byfordr 23:03 15 Feb 04

Have you tried going Reports, Quarantined Items and deleting anything there. Then starting a manual scan? Also make sure any restore points are turned off.

HTH

R

VoG II 23:03 15 Feb 04

If you are getting this message from Norton whilst you are surfing choose the delete option (if available). Basically the website is trying to drop the trojan onto your 'puter. Avoid those sites.

If I have misunderstood the question I apologise.

chrisinireland 23:05 15 Feb 04

yea i had four of thenm and i deleted them but after a few hours i get them again.

byfordr 23:18 15 Feb 04

Disconnect from the internet. Start a manual scan...reconnect when you are clean.

chrisinireland 23:39 15 Feb 04

thanks quys did that and got rid of them, i cant belive i got them so soon as i only got a new pc yesterday and when i scaned i have 12 of the wee bastards.
thanks for all your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…