trojan

dawnal 12:55 27 Sep 05

I have a trojan horse on my computer called Killreg. I have tried to remove it but it keeps coming back. I turned off system restore whikle I was removing it. It hasn't worked. Can anyone tell me anything about this and, of course, how to get rid of it.

Thanks
shuggee

Anti_Virus 13:15 27 Sep 05

Went on Symantec online virus definitions. Couldn't find a trojan called killreg, but there was one called killfiles. Maybe they're similar. Anyway, here's Symantec's page:

click here

It says something about system restore in there, but if you've already tried it, then I don't know.

Have you got good Anti-Virus on you PC?

zarobian 16:12 27 Sep 05

If you have an up-to-date Anti Virus program then start the computer in safe mode and run the scanner.

VoG II 16:28 27 Sep 05

click here

Try a scan with a² click here

Eastender 16:49 27 Sep 05

If you have a Sagem USB modem then this is probably a false positive. I had the indiction of the "Trojan" and I did more harm to my system trying to remove it than a real trojan would do.

I did research it but didn't retain the info, this is one of the links click here

Eastender 17:10 27 Sep 05

Obviously that should have been, I had the 'indication' of the "Trojan".

I've just downloaded and installed IESpell click here

dawnal 10:55 28 Sep 05

Thanks everyone for your responses. I appear to have gotten rid of it (if I ever had the thing in the first place, I'm not sure now as I do have a Sagem modem) I found a program called Counter Spy (free evaluation copy, click here ) which seems to have done the job.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…