Trojan

golfpro 09:50 22 Nov 04

I opened I/E this morning, and got a pop-up to download "New free software" From Internet Explorer. When I tried to cancel it I couldn't. somehow it got in to my computer I ran Norton A/V and it picked up 10 trojans instaled. A name on one "byteverify" does anyone know of this.
I managed to isolate and delete the ofending items (I think) through Norton. but I am now afraid to open I/E in case it appeares again. I am running this through Opera.

MichelleC 11:09 22 Nov 04

Have you got a firewall?

ianeon 11:10 22 Nov 04

click here go here and this will tell you all about this trojan

golfpro 11:39 22 Nov 04

I use the M/S firewall, and I managed to read a bit about it on the web.
Just a word of warning in case someone else gets this pop-up, DON'T try to delete it by clicking on the red cross, it just installs the damm thing.

Dan the Confused 12:08 22 Nov 04

Have you checked for spyware?

Ad-aware SE click here

Spybot S&D click here

Run this too, Ewido (free version) click here

If no joy, then run Startup Inspector click here and remove any bad entries. Then run BHODemon click here and remove any bad entries.

golfpro 12:39 22 Nov 04

Thanks all, it looks like Norton managed to clear the problem, I haven't tried a new boot up yet, but the computer is behaving itself at the moment.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…