trojan

chrisak 11:40 07 Nov 04

I brother is running windows XP, AVG has picked up 4 trojans......trojan horse downloader agent as ,istbar.4.ad , dyfica.2.aq , istbar.4.bj , How can he get rid of them please.

VoG II 11:45 07 Nov 04

Turn off System Restore click here and scan again. If still found run a² click here

Turn System Restore back on once cleaned.

chrisak 11:51 07 Nov 04

We have turned off system restore but that didnt work...will try the other one you suggested...thanx

chrisak 12:57 07 Nov 04

He downloaded "a squared" and when he scanned it he said..... "it did not pick anything up but while i was running it, it came up with the trojans & told me to run avg for windows." Is avg for windows different to avg virus scanner?

rawprawn 13:06 07 Nov 04

As far as I know yes, but if that doesn't solve your problem click here Download and run this progra and turn off system restore before scanning.

VoG II 13:06 07 Nov 04

As far as I know, they are the same.

istbar is spyware so you may be able to remove it using Ad-aware click here or Spybot click here

keith-236785 14:35 07 Nov 04

try the 30 day trial of Anti-Trojan-Scan (ATS) from click here

download, install and run a full scan on all hard drives. this prog will NOT delete the trojans detected, just tell you where they are on your system.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…