Trojan?

maz2 09:50 16 Aug 04

A friend has just phoned me in a state of panic, she had just had an e-mail saying that she has been sending out a lot of e-mails with a trojan horse in them, the e-mail was from a Motor firm which she has never heard of. She has also had about 3 mails returned over a long period of time which were undeliverable but she has never heard of the addresses. She is running AVG which she checks every day for updates so that is fully up to date, she also had Ad-aware which is fully updated and Spywareblaster, do you think this is a genuine thing or is someone playing silly games. Also she also checks her e-mail on the web and deletes any rubbish before downloading her messages into OE so I can't imagine how anything can get through, any advice greatly appreciated

rawprawn 09:56 16 Aug 04

click here Download and run this free av it takes quite a time but it is very thorough.

jimv7 09:58 16 Aug 04

click here for free Asquared (
A2) trojan killer.

maz2 10:04 16 Aug 04

Thanks for that I'll give them a go

maz2 16:05 16 Aug 04

I ran the Microworld and it came up clean, so I presume that there is nothing there, there doesn't seem to be any disruption in her PC at all so I'm wondering if someone is playing games. Now I have a new problem from someone else, so I'll put it in a new post and see where we can go with this one, I'm getting fed up really, why do they always phone me?

sattman 16:26 16 Aug 04

I do not think that your friend needs to do anything to her compuper and that all checks and scans that she does will show negative for any contamination.

"You may have experience in receiving an undeliverable email notification from an email server (e.g. Mailer-Daemon) saying that your email sent to someone was rejected because it contains a virus or an unsafe file. However, you have never sent such email! "

This explains

click here

sattman 16:30 16 Aug 04

This is probably a more informative linkclick here

maz2 16:56 16 Aug 04

Thanks for that I've sent it on to her, she panics as she had a bad virus on her old PC that caused a lot of damage so she's very wary when something like this happens Cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…