Trojan

RussG 09:26 25 Apr 04

I have managed to pick up a trojan called
Small.4.d which resides in Windows\Temp\Bridge.exe

AVG keeps flagging it up but doesn't find it when I run the virus scan, also tried Trend online scan and spybot all without success. Has anyone any suggestionz to clear it out.

Thanks
Russ

keith-236785 11:27 25 Apr 04

click here, download the 30day trial, install and run on all hard drives/partitions.

it will not delete anything but will tell you if you have any trojans.

you dont say which windows you are using, but if it is XP, you may have to turn off system restore (this will lose all previous restore points), if you dont want to remove them all there is a way round it, but lets see if you have a trojan first.

keith-236785 11:30 25 Apr 04

one other simple step would be to delete the file "bridge.exe" from the temp folder, in fact delete everything from the temp folder. if you have AVG, some files will not be deleted as they are in use by AVG, you may have to select the files to delete manually.

also empty your temporary internet files, and cookies.

RussG 14:03 25 Apr 04

Thanks for your help Paperman, I'll give that a try and come back if it doesn't work.
Russ

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date and features: Google Allo is…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…