Trojan ?

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 21:07 17 Sep 03

Hi just had an ear bashin from my mate cos he said
i sent him a trojan called, rem6394exe in a file through MSN, but i said i didnt but checked my pc with virus/trojan scanner and i havent got this file on it,looked on net and cant find anythin about this file so before he deleted it i said i would check with u guys any1 heard of this file trojan or otherwise,file was in c,windows/temp on his pc.AVG said it was a trojan but cant find it on there either.

Regards

Jester2K II 21:11 17 Sep 03

What trojan was it?

The filename would appear to be random so it could be anything. Some viruses / trojans use random strings of letters to avoid be spotted.

If AVG on your mates PC spotted it it must have told him what it was. Also the Virus Vault will tell him too.

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 21:22 17 Sep 03

All it says in virus vault is rem6394.exe that the only name it says but i know it not on my pc

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 21:24 17 Sep 03

He did say it was somethin to do with music search or somethin but he cant remember.

Jester2K II 21:25 17 Sep 03

It usually gives the Trojan name too. If its not on your PC then it probably come from a 3rd party disguised as you (spoofed)

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 21:33 17 Sep 03

ok ty avg sorted it with no ill effects so i guess it ok 4 him to empty virus vault?,i dont like the idea of things bieng spoofed in my name tho.

Regards.

Jester2K II 21:44 17 Sep 03

Spoofing happens all the time - i was getting 30 plus e-mails a day from people who thought i had the SoBig.F virus. I didn't but someone who knows my e-mail address did and it was being sent in my name...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5