TROJ GEN.R26E1G4

Slurpy 14:08 02 Aug 10

Hi,

My trend micro virus protection completed a full system scan yesterday and whilst it was able to clear the majority of items it found, it cannot fix the following:

TROJ GEN.R26E1G4
Infected file: dlbcew42.dll

The file is located on my c\drive. When my computer starts up I get a message saying the computer was unable to run the above file. I believe this is because Trend Micro has locked the file?

Please help to get rid of the trojan, thank you.

Audio~~Chip 14:19 02 Aug 10

I would run this programme called Super Anti Spyware. download the FREE version which on the following link you click on the Red Button FREE Edition download. Save to Desktop

Double click to install, when you get to check for updates, let it but when it gets to the second option for check for updates & also send report do not send report. Click on the Scan on the right not the full scan. i am confident it will clean your machine out.

click here

birdface 14:21 02 Aug 10

Download the free version of Malwarebytes update and run it.

click here

Could not find out much about your problem on Google just in case of false positives just Quarantine any problems that you find when using your Anti-Virus.

click here

Slurpy 17:27 02 Aug 10

Thanks guys, I will try what you have suggested.

I had tried Google too and couldn't find anything. Trend Micro's website wasn't very helpfull either.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This animated short film tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…