Trogen Horse 19.j

hooligan 13:45 25 May 05

I did a a sqare scan it said clear, avg gets rid, then it comes back, there is a icon in my bar near the clock, and search assistant in add -remove progrms i cant remove, its a anti virus gold its advertising

Any ideas how to remove it

cheers windows 98

Alan H E 13:54 25 May 05

Have you tried removing in safe mode, also try spybot S & D

Alan H E 14:16 25 May 05

Also google trojan 19.j

Shas 15:46 25 May 05

The answer to someone else on another forum who had this trojan, was that after running the usual Ad-aware, CWshredder, Spybot, Trend Housecall checks, to then do a HJT log. Have you tried that?

hooligan 16:20 25 May 05

ya, i did get rid of the homepage, but the red cross is still there, if i click it takes me to antivirus-gold, if i try to download spyblaster it says it broken links or something? so i cant download it, not sure what to do with hijack this, i just clicked a few, and got rid of the homepage trouble, and the trojen dont pop up now,
It got rid of something on the coolweb one

Shas 16:35 25 May 05

Don't know what to do with HJT either. Perhaps you could ask Nellie2 to have a look at the log for you, when she has a minute.

Alan H E 17:23 25 May 05

Do a search on this page for hijack this & you will find instructions on one of the results.

Joe R 17:36 25 May 05
  hooligan 19:39 25 May 05

The trogen seems to have gone, but in the address bar is a circle with a cross, saying infected, if i click it , it leads to anti virus gold!! I cant get rid of the cross, and thats causing the trouble,

cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…