trogan please help

ozzy 123 21:37 26 Feb 04

Hi thanks for reading this
i got a virus warning from norton antivrus2002 earlier today i took the action advised by nortons web site to eridacate it. i think it was a trogan virus. I deleted all cookies and offline content then dissabled system restore.
i was then prompted to start in safe mode and scan my drives with norton. which i did and no infection was found. i then started my pc in normal start up mode but an error message appears on start up saying
please help. what can i do to cure this problem
i am running on windows xp home.
many thanks ozzy...

cycoze 21:51 26 Feb 04

Have a look click here , there is a list of programs/software it could have come with about half way down the page.

AL D. 21:55 26 Feb 04

try backing up your registry, then search for the file you mention ( 4448364 EXE )in your registry and remove it,or run something like a registry cleaner and see if it removes it for you.

cycoze 21:58 26 Feb 04

If it is from a known source ie Kodak , you may have to use msconfig deselect the backweb program , which will hopefully stop the error (thats if you dont use it to update).

If you use it then you will have to re-install your software.

VoG II 22:05 26 Feb 04

Spybot will remove Backweb click here

ozzy 123 22:35 26 Feb 04

i did a search from start menu for back web and it pulled up the back web error so i deleted it from there and i think it worked. ive used my pc for about hour and it seems to be running ok.
i never thought of using spybot ive got it on my pc and use it all the time. i just started flapping and went into panic mode.but thanks to all your help my system seems to be ok.
many thanks once again keep up the good work.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…