Trivial Enquiry

chrissy7 11:32 11 Apr 05

Has anyone seen the film 'Ememy of the State' ? If so did you see how the computer sreens in the early part of the film looked. Was this a filmmakers gizmo effect or can it actuaaly be done. I refer to the sort of white on black effect, that seemed to be layers of windows each transperant with primary screen having full focus. I have a nvidia graphics card that allows transperacy but as the whole things in colour it does'nt quite give the same effect. This obviously is'nt a problem query, just curiosity as to whether it can actully be done. Any info welcome.

ACOLYTE 11:37 11 Apr 05

I would say it can be done,if they have done it but probably need a more powerfull G card and a good graffix program to do it.

Indigo 1 12:06 11 Apr 05

if you have XP, right click on a blank area of the desktop then click Properties then Appearance then under Colour Scheme open the drop down menu and have a look at the High Contrast options, but before you change anything save your current scheme with a name or title, that will allow you to get back to what it looks like now.

I am not entirely sure that you can make the windows transparent with this method though. Unless you use something like this click here

or take a look here click here

chrissy7 12:32 11 Apr 05

Thanks for the info Guys, looks like it may in fact possible to a degree..........I ll leave the post open to see if any more info turns up.

As I have said my GC does offer transperancy but am a bit reluctant to download the options you have pointed out in case I cause a conflict, any comments on that point also welcome.

Indigo 1 12:43 11 Apr 05

there really is only one way to find out, but to make sure everything will be OK you should make a backup of your system first so that you can get back to were it was before.

chrissy7 12:50 11 Apr 05

Will Win restore or Roxio Go back serve that purpose ??

chrissy7 17:25 11 Apr 05

Thanks to Indigo1, downloaded free version of 'tweak Windows' which is a really great little app. In addition to transperancy effects its got a few other novel and useful features, so far no conflicts with GC . Have enabled 'high contrast' and the whole thing looks pretty cool, I simply like things different to every other PC I come across. Any other ideas from anyone still welcome.

Indigo 1 17:56 11 Apr 05

So is it like what you wanted ? Like the film ? Or better ?

chrissy7 18:14 11 Apr 05

Not exactly like the film, but along the same lines, its thrown up a few odditys, e.g. all the type matter in my e/mails (OE) has turned green on white, so I am messing with the windows config trying to sort that one, web pages are as normal, but it looks pretty impressive, I would'nt put money this final point but the system seems a little quicker for some reason, no complaints there.

Indigo 1 22:44 11 Apr 05

You should be able tochange the font colour within your email program.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…