Triple printing? Compaq ij300

seanquinn 01:27 17 Apr 06

I have recently bought a new computer running Windows XP. On startup, it recognised my old Compaq ij300 printer (Parallel Port) and presumably found a driver for it. Now when I try to print, all the lines of text are printed 3 times above each other. Compaq don't offer a driver for XP, so I don't know what Windows XP is using, but how can I fix this?

VoG II 06:42 17 Apr 06

Go to click here (free registration required) and look for an XP or W2K driver for the printer.

seanquinn 22:44 23 Apr 06

I couldn't get the driver obtained from "click here" to load because the installer kept asking me for .dll files from the Windows disc which I don't have. I decided to delete the printer and give Wondows XP another go at supplying a driver for it. This time I noticed an option that I had clicked wrongly on the first time I installed the printer. It had aksed me what kind of cartridsge was installed: colour or all-black? I had accidentally clicked colour when i fact it was a black only cartridge. This meantthat the printer head was firing three times instead of only once on each pass - hence the triple printing. Problem solved.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017