Triple printing? Compaq ij300

seanquinn 01:27 17 Apr 06

I have recently bought a new computer running Windows XP. On startup, it recognised my old Compaq ij300 printer (Parallel Port) and presumably found a driver for it. Now when I try to print, all the lines of text are printed 3 times above each other. Compaq don't offer a driver for XP, so I don't know what Windows XP is using, but how can I fix this?

VoG II 06:42 17 Apr 06

Go to click here (free registration required) and look for an XP or W2K driver for the printer.

seanquinn 22:44 23 Apr 06

I couldn't get the driver obtained from "click here" to load because the installer kept asking me for .dll files from the Windows disc which I don't have. I decided to delete the printer and give Wondows XP another go at supplying a driver for it. This time I noticed an option that I had clicked wrongly on the first time I installed the printer. It had aksed me what kind of cartridsge was installed: colour or all-black? I had accidentally clicked colour when i fact it was a black only cartridge. This meantthat the printer head was firing three times instead of only once on each pass - hence the triple printing. Problem solved.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…