Trimming .ts video files

m800afc 16:46 20 Oct 09

I have copied some videos from my Humax 9200T PVR. The files are .ts format.
Please can anyone recommend a free program that will allow me to edit out the adverts, and close up the resultant gaps, and also remove the unwanted bits at the beginning and end of the files. I don't want any flashy effects, just the basics top and tail, and remove ads.
I only have three to do, and I would prefer a free program.

Technotiger 16:53 20 Oct 09

Have you tried Windows Movie Maker - this should do all you need.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:49 20 Oct 09

Interested to know how you copied the files, did you remove the hard drive and attach to your PC?

click here download the old version (free) it will do what you want

m800afc 17:49 20 Oct 09

Technotiger,
I have tried Windows movie maker, but as with so many other similar applications, it cannot import a .ts file.
It is specifically an application that can edit .ts files that I am looking for.

m800afc 17:50 20 Oct 09

Technotiger,
I have tried Windows movie maker, but as with so many other similar applications, it cannot import a .ts file.
It is specifically an application that can edit .ts files that I am looking for.

bremner 17:54 20 Oct 09

click here - Not sure how much functionality you get with the trial though

eedcam 18:54 20 Oct 09

Video redo trial is fully functional for 2 weeks and no watermarks

Technotiger 19:07 20 Oct 09
  AL47 19:13 20 Oct 09

yes, id say convert to mp4 [very efficiant video codec] and then use boilsoft video splitter

i use handbrake for doing the .ts to mp4

mfletch 19:19 20 Oct 09

Ive found this and its free for a few days

WinX DVD Author

click here

Any good

John Ba 11:54 27 Oct 09

I've downloaded WinX DVD Author. Unfortunately when I click on the .ts file it only seems to recognise files representing half the program. Any thoughts?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…