Tried Kerio firewall want to putZA back but proble

bof:) 20:16 30 Apr 07

Hi all, I downloaded free version of Sunbelts Kerio fire wall to have a look at it. Uninstall free version of Zone Alarm via add/remove rebooted pc and installed Kerio firewall.

Now I want to go back to Zone Alarm, (after 30 day Kerio trial over). Ive uninstalled Kerio, rebooted PC (off net) and tried to install Zone Alarm but cannot do so.

I get the following message:

Setup is unable to log into the True Vector Service.
Install cannot continue without logging intTrue Vector.

Please use the 'Service Manager' to shut down the True Vector service and restart installer program.

First of all where is the Service Manager in XPhome?

I've looked in adninistration services via control panel but cannot find any mention of True Vector.

Currently sending via my laptop.

Thankyou for all help given,

Mike

Technotiger 20:19 30 Apr 07

Hi, IMHO you should have kept Kerio - after the first 30days Trial with the Full Version, Kerio automatically reverts to the Free Version, which I believe is better than ZA Free.

VCR97 20:22 30 Apr 07

Start>Settings>Control Panel>Administrative Tools>Services Scroll down.

bof:) 20:30 30 Apr 07

Hi Technotiger, oops didnt realise that. But the trial version kept telling me things such as 'protect private information only available on full version', so I assumed trial version was not the complete version anyway. I got it from Hippofile.com

VCR97 thats where I looked , no mention of True vector in there. Is it called something else possibly?

Thanks for the help, any other ideas?

Mike

bof:) 20:36 30 Apr 07

All I have in &-section in Services is as follows:
TCP/IP NetBios
Telephoney
Terminal Services
Themes

and no mention of True Vector or ZA.

Mike

bof:) 20:36 30 Apr 07

sorry...should read T-section in above posting

Miros 21:14 30 Apr 07

Why not try Comodo click here ,
I dropped Zonealarm a while ago having read such good reports about Comodo and I have been very pleased with it ever since, It's free and also hassle free.

I found of late ZoneAlarm was always pushing extra products etc, none of that with Comodo.

I like their ethos also, read why they make it free here click here

VCR97 20:02 01 May 07

It's there in mine! Shows as True Vector Internet Monitor, and it comes immediately after Themes. (XP Home/SP2)

birdface 21:28 01 May 07

click here dont know if this will help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…