//some 3rd party need geo

Trial DVD Burning Software?

pedromac 08:54 23 Jan 04

Hi All,
I have just aquired a dvd burner and before I purchase any burning software, does anyone know if there are any trial programs for me to evaluate? The burner came without any software.
Thanks,
Pete.

MidgetMan 09:29 23 Jan 04

nero does a good job

shortcircuit 09:51 23 Jan 04

There are loads out there. Look in Google. I like nero 5.5. not as good as 6.0 but darned good for a freebe. Ask your mates. I'm sure someone will have a copy for you to 'try'.

For backing up your dvd's , try 'dvdxcopy express. click here. I bought it on line for £22. Buy in $ if you can as the £ is so strong it makes it a bargain.Download it as its only a small program. The software is brill. It will copy an original dvd to you hard disk and shrink it in 20mins and then it asks you for an empty disk, then it will burn the shrunk, decoded movie to your empty media in less than 14mins. No hassle, works every time. I find it essential, as my kids can ruin a dvd in hours with sticky fingers and scratches. Now Shreck etc are all backed up for safety. Brill!!

scotty 10:25 23 Jan 04

click here are selling Nero Express 6 for less than £5. It is not the full version but will does provide a wide selection of burning tools. Not free but an excellent price!

Sheila-214876 11:26 23 Jan 04

Sorry pedromac, not hi-jacking your thread but I, also am in the market for a DVD burner. Is it common for them to be sold without burning software? After all every CD writer I have bought came with either Nero or Roxio.

shortcircuit 11:40 23 Jan 04

If you buy a 'Retail boxed' it usually comes with software. If you buy 'OEM' (original equipment manufacture), this is just the hardware. This is fine if you all ready have the software but no good if you don't. There are loads of free burning software on the internet. Look at the main help sites like computeractive,pc world,Pc advisor etc. If you use a freeware, your dvd drive will use that as your burning software. There is no rocket science in making it work. Just load and burn! I've seen many a burning software on the front of a mag.
I bought a BTC dvd-/+ 4x burner from Dabs(wanted it delivered in two days, not 6 like Ebuyer) for £80. Now selling for about £60. Works fine and will burn on beermats! Also burns cdr's at 40x.

QQAA 12:00 23 Jan 04

from click here is a new CD/DVD burning tool that may meet your requirements.

No experience with it, but I think should be worthwhile for you to try it out without spending a penny.

pedromac 12:13 23 Jan 04

Thanks for the replies. Since Nero came up a few times I phoned the shop where I bought the burner and they sold me a copy of Nero 6 OEM for £9.99. Have just tried it and works great. Thanks again,
Pete.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…