trendnet router will not install

jimnbarb 15:55 28 Nov 07

tew-452brp router will not install. I receive the following message.
Error Executing file.
E:\utility\nmrssetup.exe
the requested operation requires elevation
I have called trendnet tech support but am told there is no one there to help but they will call back but don't. Does anyone know what this message means?
Thanks

jimv7 16:18 28 Nov 07

I do not have to install drivers for my router, just connect it to the cable modem, just set the date and time, I have an edimax cable router.

Its the same setup with the edimax wireless router, type in the router's address into explorer to access the settings.

Kemistri 16:30 28 Nov 07

Routers do not use drivers or software. If you have anything that resembles software, that will in fact be a setup utility, which is largely unnecessary anyway, given how easy it is to access a router's configuration directly. Most routers take only a few minutes to configure.

See the Networking forum if you need further help.

jimnbarb 16:45 28 Nov 07

I connected dthe router without the setup cd but can't connect to the web.

Kemistri 16:52 28 Nov 07

Did you enter all the connection settings correctly? Picked the correct (UK-standard) protocols? Typed the ISP's password correctly?

jimnbarb 17:06 28 Nov 07

Ican't get a window to install this information

Kemistri 17:42 28 Nov 07

You can't access the config screen? That's a problem, because if you can't get it, the config utility probably wouldn't be able to either. You are using the correct IP address, I assume? Double check it to be sure.

woodchip 17:51 28 Nov 07

You connect the router, then open Internet Explorer, if it's wireless try in the address bar at the top 192.168.1.1 then press enter type admin if a page shows up

jimnbarb 19:32 28 Nov 07

I could not get installed and no tech support was offered so I returned the router. Thank you for the help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…