Trendlines in Excel

Enoch 10:38 13 Mar 06

Help please. I am trying to put a "Trendline" into an Excel chart in Widows XP and the link is white out therefore I am unable to get it to respond. Any advice please

VoG II 13:24 14 Mar 06

What style of chart is it?

Enoch 15:00 14 Mar 06

VoG,

It is a "line" chart. It has daily figures and dates

VoG II 15:06 14 Mar 06

Add Trendline will only be an option if it is a straightforward 2-D line chart. If it is a 3-D or Stacked line chart, Add Trendline will be unavailable (greyed-out).

Enoch 17:29 14 Mar 06

VoG

As far as I can see it is a 2D chart. It is simply a grid with vertical and horizontal lines in which my figres are at different points, linked together by a single line with no depth. Isn't that a 2D chart as I understand a 3D chart effectively would show my lines with, what effectively is, a shadow.

VoG II 18:18 14 Mar 06

Please could you either post a screenshot of what you have or paste some of the data here. If it is a 2-D chart you should not have a problem.

Alternatively if the spreadsheet is not confidential you can click the yellow envelope next to my name to send me an e-mail - however I may not pick this up for a while as I'm jet-lagged and have work tomorrow.

Here is an example that works:

click here

and one that doesn't

click here

Enoch 21:29 14 Mar 06

VoG,
Got everything ready to send to you (it is weight chart regarding diabetes therefor not confidential). I decided to have one more try. I produced a NEW chart on which I inserted average figures as well as the actual figures. I made the line chart, looked on "Trendlines", which now was not greyed out, keyed trendlines and there it was, actual figures, average figures and a trendline all on one chart.

Anyway, I have what I want, but thanks all the same.

Great helproom in PCAdvisor and great people getting involved

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…