Trend Micro PC-cillin User views please

BILL WHITE 07:27 21 Jun 04

The latest issue of PC Advisorrates this security package 'Gold'.

I'm familiar with Norton and McAfee but have never heard of Trend's package. I would appreciate hearing from any users, please( as many as possible!) especially anyone who has bad experiences. I have a Pentium 4 with XP Home.

many thanks

Dumble452 07:56 21 Jun 04

I've been using this and it is updated regularly, sometimes 2or 3 times in a day. It seems to be very good and has intercepted viruses on a number of occasions before they could infect my PC.

User-312386 08:16 21 Jun 04

I was using 2003, but did not like it. So i went back to PC-CILLIN 2002.

I have been using the Trend product for over 3 years now and loved it.

I used 2002 until about 2 weeks ago when it refused to update. I was a little miffed and found the error was due to that you had to update your supscription (pay money).

I had never had the above problem before and could not believe that you had to pay monies for a programme I had paid for. I could understand the technical support being withdrawn, but not the updates.

So in my humble opinion and it is only humble, i would not use there products again.

Dumble452 08:31 21 Jun 04

I first started using PC-cillin (can't remember ther version) because it was provided free with my Internet Bank account. The current version I am using came free with my motherboard software. To date I have not been asked to pay a subscription but I will keep an eye on the situation. I've just had a quick look on the Trend web site and couldn't see anything on there, but I expect it will be hidden in the small print somewhere. I think you have to pay a subscription to Norton as well but I may be wrong about that.

Ugggly 13:17 21 Jun 04

I too not impressed at having to fork out more cash to continue using PC-cillin services.

See earlier thread click here

Not sure whether to change to another AV company because of this

inneedofhelp 14:48 21 Jun 04

it came free with my mobo and i have had no probs. Its excellent

woodchip 15:13 21 Jun 04

They are not Free unless they say so. Do you go to work for Free?

SEASHANTY 16:51 21 Jun 04

The Ontrack System Suite 5 (now owned by V-com.com)#
uses the Trend anti-virus package and only a couple of days ago it told me an email which came in contained a virus in the attachment. I find it very good. BTW if you do not pay for a new System Suite when published then you lose the frequent antivirus updates. I guess that's fair enough. You are, after all, getting the service and this costs!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…