Trend Micro Internet Security 2005

Mollo 12:55 26 Jun 05

I changed to Trend Micro a short while ago and am receiving an error message "Unable to update the network virus pattern for the personal firewall. Please restart program and select Update Now and try again" which I did without success.
I have also had "Tmpfw illegal operation" and "Tmpfw invalid page fault" error messages. I printed off the help file for "Enabling and configuring your Personal Firewall" followed the instructions but - no joy. Any answers?

mattyc_92 13:02 26 Jun 05

Your subcription has expired? Files corrupt? Try re-installing, and if that doesn't help, contact the company (or wait until another member replies to your thread who uses this product)

alltime 14:02 26 Jun 05

On the toolbar at the bottom of the screen Right click the Trend micro symbol, And Disable real time scan.
Dont forget to enable it again

alltime 14:17 26 Jun 05

You might have to disable the windows firewall as well while you update

Mollo 12:49 04 Jul 05

Thanks guys
Contacted Trend Micro and they emailed the instructions which confirmed uninstalling PCCTool.exe and restart was the answer.

Mollo 10:18 05 Sep 06

Hi Guys,
I recently spent hours trying to install the latest virus patterns for Trend Micro and finally stumbled on a news item on their website stating that, in line with company policy, because Microsoft were withdrawing support for systems running Windows 98SE etc. they would not be providing updates or technical assistance for their security sofware on those system either.
No offer of compensation for loss of use (four months to my expiry date support was just cut off.
So "Bye bye Trend Micro hello AVG FREE.
I'm closing this thread,
Thanks for any advice.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…