Trend 14 Internet Security - Problems

the-george 00:20 05 Aug 06

Have used Trend PC-Cillin for about 6 years and found it very good. Installed Trend 14 recently and found all sorts of problems cropping up - PC would not shut down, some applications would not work correctly or froze. (Use ME)

Knew it was T14 because I wiped the drive and reinstalled everything and all was OK until T14 was installed.

Trend support useless - just offered a refund if I wasn't happy.

Figured out that it was the firewall causing the problems. Have devised a workround as I still wanted the level of protection that it offered ( ok I could probaly get freebies but I like the idea of evrything working together).

In the Trend folder in programs there is a file called PCCTools. I put a short cut to this on my desktop. This allows me to start/quit all modules. By having the modules turned off before shutting down PC and when working off line or installing software I avoid all the above faults. Similarly, after starting the PC I start the modules before switching on the broadband USB Modem. I know it is not an elegant solution but it only takes a few seconds and it works.

Any body else with same experience of T14?

Chris-347369 11:19 05 Aug 06

I've used Trend for a while now and not had any problems.

It could be that the most recent version has issues on ME

Newuser2 11:26 05 Aug 06

Sort of.
I get the odd error message when accessing web sites, PC Advisor included. I can't remember the exact wording of the message though. It's something along the lines that my Internet connection needs to be reset and or I need to connect to the internet.
I've also found that I have to alter the spam/fraud & wed site filters to access some sites.
Last week I was ordering from 7dayshop.com & some pages I could access, some I had to alter the filters etc.
It seems to vary with the updates from PC-Cillin.
On the positive side the updates are at least daily & I've not had any infections for years whilst using PC-Cillin.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac