Trend 14 Internet Security - Problems

the-george 00:20 05 Aug 06

Have used Trend PC-Cillin for about 6 years and found it very good. Installed Trend 14 recently and found all sorts of problems cropping up - PC would not shut down, some applications would not work correctly or froze. (Use ME)

Knew it was T14 because I wiped the drive and reinstalled everything and all was OK until T14 was installed.

Trend support useless - just offered a refund if I wasn't happy.

Figured out that it was the firewall causing the problems. Have devised a workround as I still wanted the level of protection that it offered ( ok I could probaly get freebies but I like the idea of evrything working together).

In the Trend folder in programs there is a file called PCCTools. I put a short cut to this on my desktop. This allows me to start/quit all modules. By having the modules turned off before shutting down PC and when working off line or installing software I avoid all the above faults. Similarly, after starting the PC I start the modules before switching on the broadband USB Modem. I know it is not an elegant solution but it only takes a few seconds and it works.

Any body else with same experience of T14?

Chris-347369 11:19 05 Aug 06

I've used Trend for a while now and not had any problems.

It could be that the most recent version has issues on ME

Newuser2 11:26 05 Aug 06

Sort of.
I get the odd error message when accessing web sites, PC Advisor included. I can't remember the exact wording of the message though. It's something along the lines that my Internet connection needs to be reset and or I need to connect to the internet.
I've also found that I have to alter the spam/fraud & wed site filters to access some sites.
Last week I was ordering from 7dayshop.com & some pages I could access, some I had to alter the filters etc.
It seems to vary with the updates from PC-Cillin.
On the positive side the updates are at least daily & I've not had any infections for years whilst using PC-Cillin.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…