TreeSize

Enoch 06:32 26 Dec 06

Has anybody downloaded the programme "TreeSize" on their system. I have found on my C drive a programme which I thought I had deleted, but on running "TreeSize" I found it was still there. I cannot see it on any of my un-install programmes Not in "Add & Remove" nor "Ashampoo un-install.

Can I delete this remainder by just deleting from the TreeSize programme with out corrupting my hard drive please

keith-236785 08:13 26 Dec 06

look at the start button/all programs and see if treesize is there, maybe it has its own uninstaller, or maybe there is one within its own folder, check out both of these first, then if there is no way to uninstall, simply delete the whole folder,

if it re-appears then you have a trojan/worm on your system, if not and everything works ok then good...

you could if you rather, save the whole treesize folder to an external form (usb key or cd) just in case of trouble but i doubt if you would have any.

good luck

Enoch 08:37 26 Dec 06

paperman7-------it seems that you have misunderstood me. "TreeSize" is a prgramme that I have downloaded click here which I want to use. It has found a download, which I downloaded a few weeks ago, did mot need, so I uninstalled it, or so I thought.

"TreeSize" has found it still on my system which is to what my original post refers

rawprawn 08:44 26 Dec 06

click here
Try this, if windows installer was used to load it, it should clear it out.

cocteau48 08:54 26 Dec 06

First of all I do not think that it is treesize itself which you are trying to get rid of.right? Treesize has just highlighted something which you had thought was uninstalled but but isn't,or not completely. I have found that using a general uninstall prog rather than a prog's own uninstall facility quite often leaves odds and sods behind in the prog.folder. Check in the prog folder itself and I am sure you will find that the vast majority of the items have gone,probably including its own uninstall facility. If you are really worried back what's left up externally before deleting them.
As I understand it you cannot delete anything from within the treesize prog itself,you will have to access the offending item directly ie:find it within your general Program Files folder.

Enoch 09:36 26 Dec 06

rawprawn
-----I do not remember what I used to downlaod the programme which was called "mobysaurus/thesaurus" a supposedly better spell checker and thesaurus. Obviously it was not as good as I wanted so it was uninstalled, however I am sure it was its own uninstaller.

cocteau48
--------You are correct, "TreeSize" is what you described in the first two sentences of your post. It is not important do delete the programme, however I will try what you suggested ie:find it within your general Program Files folder.

If not and it is not causing any problems I will leave it alone. I will not just delete with an un-installer

Thanks

Enoch 09:38 26 Dec 06

Last sentence of my last post should read

"I will not just delete it withOUT an un-installer

rawprawn 09:44 26 Dec 06

Download my link and if the program is listed it should clean it out.If it isn't nothing is lost.

rawprawn 09:59 26 Dec 06

I have just downloaded and installed the thesaurus
It is dependant on you having .net framework 2 installed. It does not have it's own uninstaller nor does it show in Windows Clean up utility.If it's not showing in add or remove as you say then I would do a search for it and delete anything it finds, and then run a reg cleaner such as CCleaner. You can contact their own support at
click here

Enoch 10:01 26 Dec 06

'er indoors has just told me we are going out NOW to see the family, so on my return I will try "rawprawn's" suggestion on that particular programme and be able to take my time to do it properly.

Nevertheless, should I continue to use the "TreeSize" to find more of these widows or would the consensus be to "if it ani't broken, don't fix it"??

rawprawn 10:37 26 Dec 06

We too are having the family descend on us today from all over the UK,so we are extremely busy.I will look at Tree size tomorrow.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…