Treasure Hunting - remote guidance

videonovice 10:51 20 Nov 07

Has anyone got any ideas please on how I could set up 'live' pictures via my laptop while on a treasure hunt.

I use a dongle for mobile internet access and Mobile phone for communications.

I was thinking of an IP camera, but these all seem to need access to a router, and as I'm mobile, and have no external power this is not a possibilty.

I would like to be able to use an IP address for the system (ie. to access my laptop and pictures), rather than try Msn messenger etc, so does anyone have any ideas on how this might be possible?
Thank you for reading my silly idea.

silverous 14:27 20 Nov 07

I would imagine you could do this with a webcam clipped to your laptop, and some kind of broadcast software on the laptop.

I think you'd have to accept time lapse pictures given the mobile nature rather than moving pictures, but I don't see why that wouldn't work.

I started looking at "webcam broadcast" type links on google but don't have time to investigate them, you might want to take a look.

Technotiger 14:35 20 Nov 07

Just a thought - Perhaps using Skype and a Camcorder connected via USB, instead of a webcam. I have used my camcorder and Skype together.

videonovice 15:40 20 Nov 07

Thanks to both of you, its a start, and I'll continue my quest.

They managed it on the moon!

Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…