TrayApp windows installer problem

dawnadrian 16:40 29 Sep 08

I used system restore after i'd uninstalled old printer files for an HP all in one and now on startup windows installer tries to install something and then a window with trayapp pops up. when i try to cancel it then says i need to insert a disk. Tried sys rest again but still the same thing happens. i would ideally like to smartrestore my laptop(packard bell notebook) but have no master disk and cant find smartrestore in start menu...any ideas?

provider 2 16:44 29 Sep 08

The Widows Installer Clean-Up Utility should fix it:

click here

dawnadrian 16:49 29 Sep 08

err, how do i get to that?

provider 2 16:57 29 Sep 08

Just left-click the link. It will connect you with the relevant Ms page ... if you are connected to the Net, of course.

provider 2 17:02 29 Sep 08

Then scroll down to download it. You will probably be asked to confirm that you are running a legal copy of Windows but that`s quite normal ... just follow the instructions for WGA.

dawnadrian 18:53 29 Sep 08

now have 'error 1500 another installation is in progress you must complete that installation before continuing this one' has come up and i also notice i thought i'd uninstalled HP printer program but they are still in add/remove programmes and wont let me uninstall!

dawnadrian 19:08 29 Sep 08

trying regcure (free download)

dawnadrian 21:18 29 Sep 08

used regcure to go into startup and deleted anything to do with HP program and it stopped the trayapp error message BUT now when i try and delete HP programs in add/remove programs it wont remove, just leaves it there...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5