Travelmate power supply?

Jat1 16:05 14 Mar 06

The power adapter on my Acer Travelmate 2702WLMi has started to act up. When the laptop is running it does not recognise my power supply and therefore runs off the battery.
I then have to switch it off for it to recharge. I don't think anything is broken inside the laptop, and as for the adapter the power light is on but it does not get as warm as it used to. Please advise.

Gongoozler 18:12 14 Mar 06

Do you have access to a digital multimeter that you can use to check the volts on the power supply connector, if not any pc repair shop should be able to do it for you in a few seconds.

I don't know what an Acer power supply would cost, but Maplin have a universal PSU for £39.99 click here

Jat1 18:42 14 Mar 06

Not long come off the phone with a relative who also suggested this. Will check this out at the weekend when I can test it. He also wondered,could it be an overheating problem?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…