Transparency scanning

AylesburyGal 17:22 09 Feb 10

I've got an Epson Perfection 3490 flatbed scanner which I thought would do transparencies as well as docs. But I can't crack it. There are obviously gadgets out there that quickly scan 35mm tranparencies on to the hard drive so that I can then burn to disk - but I don't have a clue as to what to get. Help please

james105051 17:40 09 Feb 10
  Woolwell 17:57 09 Feb 10

What is your operating system? The Epson should be able to scan slides.
The on-line manual click here gives instructions and there is a solving problems section that deals with slides.
You can also download the manual and print it off if you wish.

Woolwell 17:58 09 Feb 10

Should have added that I found Epson scanners to be one of the best ways to scan slides.

eedcam 18:36 09 Feb 10

When you do scan remeber to scan at as high a res asyoucan around the 2000 marks if you wnt to make reasonable sized prints

Technotiger 18:48 09 Feb 10

I also have the Epson 3490, no problem scanning slides and 35mm Negatives - producing prints as good as or even better than the original pics.

You need to remove the white face-place, the slide/film holder will then be exposed. Oped the lid, then slide the White face-plate upwards about quarter of an inch, it will then detach from inside the lid.

Technotiger 18:51 09 Feb 10

PS - meant to add, you then use the slide/film holder provided with the scanner.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac