transparencies

Ken-266101 17:53 24 Jan 05

What is the best way to copy transparencies. We tried a 'Trust' scanner but didn't think much of the results, any suggestions?

Rogerfredo 17:58 24 Jan 05

I have a Canon 5000F scanner, which scans at 2400x 4800 without interpolation.
This gives a good result (better than scanning a good photo).
However, if you do this regularly, I would buy a film scanner.

Stuartli 17:59 24 Jan 05

You really need a proper film scanner - flatbed scanners have only a fraction of the resolution levels delivered by a transparency or modest speed black and white film.

You can buy film scanners for around £100 upwards these days, but will have to spend a lot more to get an all singing, all dancing top resolution model.

Morgan Computers often sell the Minolta models in refurbished form at good prices:

wclick here

pj123 18:06 24 Jan 05

I just bought the Epson Perfection 3170 Photo scanner. Very good quality. Takes up to 2-1/4 square negs and slides. The only problem I found with it was, if the negs/slides are over exposed it can't find them. I also have a dedicated film scanner (Primefilm 1800) which I found if the Epson can't scan the Primefilm can.

Check out click here

for the Primefilm scanner and click here

for the Epson Scanner

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…