Translation Software

cderekf 16:49 15 Jun 03

I live in France and am looking for accurate translation from French into English. I have tried Globalink "Language Assistant" but it leaves a lot to be desired. I know of Systran who produce software for 50 euros but would like any advice on this product or an alternative.
Merci
Derek

DieSse 18:15 15 Jun 03

If you want an accurate tranlation, get a professional translator. Software, even the best and most expensive, only produces draft translations.

If you want rough and ready (and I mean rough!)tranlations of web pages, the Google toolbar does this at no cost

spuds 21:08 15 Jun 03

To be really perfect in the translation, then it must be as DieSse as suggested.I use L&H Simply Translating [same as Globalink]which serves my purpose for simple documents.

A typical translating problem: 'European' Spanish v South American Spanish. Bit like a Cockney speaking to a Geodie(;o)That mistake cost my company mucho dinero, many years ago.

wheelie 21:47 15 Jun 03

A free online translation service can be found if you click here

-pops- 06:05 16 Jun 03

There is always Babelfish click here

Like the others, far from perfect but useful to translate into English and get the gist of whatever is being translated.

Brian

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How VR is being used to simulate space

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now