Translation to english required

Its to do with the Network Address Translator.

User Action
Do one or more of the following:

Verify that both the public (shared) connection and the private connection are not in a Cable Disconnected state by opening Network Connections in Control Panel.
Verify that the public (shared) connection has an IP address.

For more information about common NAT configuration issues, see article 293497 in the Microsoft Knowledge Base (see the following Related Knowledge Base Articles section). If this article does not apply to your situation, review the System event logs for other events that were logged around the same time as this event. In many cases, the same low resource errors or system errors that affect the NAT driver also affect other parts of the system.

Check the available resources on this system by using Performance Monitor. For more information about using Performance Monitor, see article 305610 for Windows XP or article 302521 for Windows 2000 Server or Windows Server 2003 in the Microsoft Knowledge Base (see the following Related Knowledge Base Articles section). For more information about using Task Manager, see Help and Support.

Does anyone out here speak microsoft??????

johnnyrocker 12:40 27 Jan 04

difficult to understand what your problem is m8.

johnny.

The pc shuts down after an indeteriminal time and comes up with an error to do with "the Network Address Translator"

I looked at the above from MS and thought HUH!!!!!!

johnnyrocker 13:29 27 Jan 04

what os and what exact message? you may have a rainat of the blaster virus.

johnny.

XP Pro and AVG 7 say's no viruses, can't tell you the exact message til it rears its head again, but it gave me 60 seconds before shutting the PC down with no option to get out of the error.

However I just recieved a video clip through the mail and WMP9 wont play it it said wrong version but it worked two day's ago.

Also Running: Spybot s&d, Adaware, & spyware blaster all on the latest updates

Have to go to work now, Back Later tonight

johnnyrocker 13:41 27 Jan 04

have you tried system restore to last known good working state? despite avg7's message i would be inclined towards that which i last posted click here and get a free on line scan

johnny.

spikeychris 13:48 27 Jan 04

Go to the properties of your NIC card whats the subnet mask say? if its 255.255.255.255..change it to 255.255.255.0

Right click my network places then right click your connection and select props. Double click Internet protocol TCP/IP whats the subnet mask say?

Cheers, Will give it a try when at home.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…